Pictures from The Facebook SME Nigeria Event
The Facebook Small Business Council Nigeria edition held for the second time on the 26th March 2018. The social media giant, selected 10 – 15 business owners who have successfully used Facebook to grow their business. All business owners were invited to participate alongside with their social media managers! One of my clients, ( a major party rental provider in Lagos) was selected and as her social media manager, I was invited to participate. The whole event started with a dinner session on the 25th March 2018. Facebook experts alongside other council members chatted and networked over dinner at Four Points Restaurant, VICTORIA ISLAND – Lagos!
The next day being the 26th March 2018- we came again together to learn directly from Facebook experts on how to make the most of ads run via FACEBOOK! Some lessons taken from the event are:
- Videos are the next best thing. Start creating more video content for your business on social media.
- Engage your audience in the first 15 seconds of your video.
- Animate your unique selling point. It should be fun and descriptive as well.
- Traffic is beginning to shift from news feed to Insta story. Use Insta story more frequently.
- Use these two apps: “Legend” and “Ripl” to create catchy videos with product images. You can download both apps via playstore.
- Think mobile when creating content( most people are using mobile phones as opposed to laptops)
- Incorporate brand identity early in your video.
- Put text in your video – to highlight important information. You can use “Legend” app for this.
These are major tips, I got from the event. Imagine how well I slept time that night in my hotel room. #NOTHINGLIKECOMFORT!!! Check out the photos below to get a visual recap of the event.