Quick Review of Hootsuite
Hootsuite is a social media management platform, that helps social media managers and other social media content producers schedule content ahead. Hootsuite also helps with monitoring content, boosting post via ads and team management.
However, this post will be reviewing Hootsuite as a social media management platform.
Before we delve into it, let’s talk about why it’s super important that you start scheduling your content ahead. Truth is, most of us lead busy lives, we’ve got so much work to do in so little time, and in an age like this, were social media is a must use for business owners, it can get overwhelming.
Scheduling your content ahead helps you :
- Save time
- Create more valuable posts
- Monitor your social media strategy
These 3 points mentioned above, are just some of the many reasons, you should start or continue scheduling your content ahead.
Now, that we are done with that, let’s give you a quick review of the Hootsuite.
- Hootsuite can be accessed via web and mobile. Accessing via web, you’ll have to visit www.hootsuite.com. Using it via mobile, will require you to download the app (Hootsuite) via play store or app store.
- It’s possible to use hootsuite for your posts using the website only. You can also opt to use the mobile app only. Best thing, is that you can use Hootsuite both on web and mobile app simultaneously.
- Hootsuite offers a free version, which allows you to register 3 social media profiles (that covers 3 popular social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, twitter). Using the free version, allows you to schedule your content ahead for any of these social media platforms.
- Hootsuite also auto posts your photo content. This simply means that, when you schedule pictures for a specific day or time, you don’t have to bother about getting a notification to post on that certain day. Your photo will be automatically posted via Hootsuite to the selected social media platform.
- Setting up your page for auto posting, will require certain steps. For example to set up your Instagram profile, you will have to enter your Instagram username and password. You will also be required to connect your Instagram page to a FACEBOOK business PAGE for this process to be complete.
- Hootsuite doesn’t auto post video content. As at the time of this writing, video content cannot be posted automatically. Hootsuite allows you to schedule videos ahead, but at the time of posting, a notification will be sent to your mobile phone via the Hootsuite mobile app. You can then, manually post your video through the Hootsuite mobile app.
- Registering an account on Hootsuite, requires only your email address and a password.
- To enjoy Hootsuite’s auto posting feature for Instagram, you will be required to open a Facebook page for your business.
- Hootsuite has a professional version, that allows you register up to 10 social media profiles.
- Using hootsuite to schedule content ahead, means that you’ll need to upload a photo or video from your laptop. Next thing, will be to write a caption and use hashtags that will support your content. You can also mention other page handles in your caption, but you can’t currently search for page handles. Example, you can type : @thesociaalbuzz in your caption, but can’t use the platform to search for @thesociaalbuzz. This means you need to ensure you get the spelling right for whatever page you might want to mention in your caption.
- Hootsuite has a user friendly platform, which you can master in few hours.
Millions of people save time everyday using Hootsuite. Are you going to be one of them???